HDA and CRF PhD Excellence Award 2024: Call to HDA members for applications.
Healthy Development Adelaide (HDA) and Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation (CRF) PhD Excellence Award 2024
The CRF PhD Excellence Award is $5,000 per annum for up to 3 years only to augment an Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Stipend Scholarship or equivalent competitive scholarship.
Applications are invited for PhD Research Scholarships in the areas of Healthy Development: Disciplines include, but are not restricted to, allied health, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, biostatistics, demography, dentistry, digital health, disability, economics, education, endocrinology, epidemiology, ethics, genetics, indigenous health, law, nutrition, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, pharmacology, physiology, politics, psychiatry, psychology, public health and sociology. https://health.adelaide.edu.au/healthy-development-adelaide/our-research
Preference will be given to projects with a multidisciplinary focus and that enhance more than one discipline within the research topic.
Applications are invited from domestic and international students in their first year of candidature are eligible to apply i.e. commencement date between 1 April 2023 and 31 March 2024. Applicants should be eligible to enrol or be currently enrolled at either the University of Adelaide, University of South Australia or Flinders University. The stipend will be paid to your university, to be provided to you as a scholarship top up for the duration of your PhD for up to 3 years only.
In addition applicants must satisfy each of the following criteria.
- Applicants must hold a first class Honours degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the chosen field of study
- Applicants hold an Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Stipend Scholarship or equivalent competitive postgraduate scholarship
- Applicants must be a ‘paying’ HDA member. Membership is $50 (excluding GST) for 3 years to cover term of scholarship https://health.adelaide.edu.au/healthy-development-adelaide/get-involved
- Applicants must have a HDA member as their primary/principal supervisor. Supervisors must be a ‘paying’ member. Membership is $50 (excluding GST) for 3 years to cover term of scholarship https://health.adelaide.edu.au/healthy-development-adelaide/get-involved
- Research projects must be aligned with the Healthy Development research pillars spanning preconception to adolescence
Conditions of Funding
Successful HDA Scholars will be required to participate in the HDA Research Training Program during their candidature. The program consists of a 20 hour practicum placement, mentoring component, and attending and assisting as required at HDA events.
Annual renewal of top-up funding will also be subject to meeting your University postgraduate requirements, and subject to ongoing funding availability from the Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation.
Acknowledgement of HDA in research publications.
Please submit the following documents by 5.00pm Friday 19 January 2024 to:
- Completed HDA Application (doc format – in font Arial 12)
- Up-to-Date curriculum vitae
- Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) or equivalent competitive scholarship Letter of Award
- Academic transcript